Eye Tests and the NHS
Who is entitled to NHS funded Eye Tests?
- Under 16's or under 19's in full time education,
- Aged 60 or over,
- Anyone diagnosed with diabetes or glaucoma,
- 40 or over, with a parent, brother, sister, son or daughter with glaucoma,
- Registered blind or partially sighted,
- Anyone who is prescribed complex lenses
Also if you or your partner receive:
- Income Support,
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance,
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance, or
- Pension Credit Guarantee Credit
- Tax Credits or named on a valid Tax Exemption Certificate
- Named on a valid HC2 certificate.
You also may qualify for NHS help towards the cost of the glasses.